I haven’t written anything here for a couple of years. I thought my blogging days were behind me.
But now that I’m no longer writing for the Toronto Star, I want to continue trying to resolve your consumer disputes and addressing your questions and concerns.
Here are complaints I like to handle:
- Problems with large well-known Canadian companies.
These include telecom and technology providers, financial institutions, airlines, travel agencies, appliance manufacturers and retail chains.
- Problems that affect a large group of people, not one person.
I’m looking for systemic issues with large companies. That’s where a consumer advocacy journalist can get traction.
Here are complaints I don’t like to handle:
- Landlord-tenant issues.
- Workplace issues.
- Health care issues.
- Complaints about the Canada Revenue Agency.
- Home builder and home renovation problems.
- Car dealer sales and car repairs.
You can write to me through my website and I’ll do my best to write back, even if I can’t help you.
I plan to update this blog at least once a week and share the posts on my social media channels.
So, let’s get started!